Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's About Time I Write In Here

Okay, I’ve been here in Ghana for three weeks now so I decided I should finally get my act together and let everyone know what’s been going on. So far, it has been an amazing experience. I’m not going to lie, I had very high hopes for this semester, and in the past few weeks those expectations have already been met and far surpassed. It definitely helps that the Calvin group this year is the best group of 16 that anyone could ever hope for. I’ve also met tons of great people in the International Student Hostel and around campus. There are lots of new names to remember, but I think I’m doing pretty well at it. My roommate, Victor, is also amazing. We’ve had some really good conversations and some fun times already. He’s from Ghana so he has shown me around a bit. The Ghanaian people are also some of the most generous, hospitable and helpful people I’ve ever met. It is so refreshing being in such a different world from the United States and still feeling very comfortable and welcomed by everyone. I would highly recommend visiting Ghana if you ever get the chance. Anyway, I’m going to go back and write about some of the things I did in my first few weeks here. If I can, I’ll try to post a few pictures along the way. Feel free to e-mail me at jmb25@calvin.edu, or if you’re e-mailing pictures, at bushj85@gmail.com. It takes a couple weeks for snail mail to arrive, but you can send mail to:

Justin Bush
Calvin College
Institute of African Studies
University of Ghana
PO Box LG 73
Legon, Ghana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home